Friday, October 15, 2010

Gone Fishing?

No, the Matron does not fish.

She actually hates nature.

By this she means nature that involves camping, hiking, or otherwise peering at wildlife. If you've seen one deer, you've seen them all. Hiking? What's the destination? End goal? She is not about process, which may not psychologically sound but her reality.

Spot that bird? Um . . is that available online?

Nature exists in the wide open air between bars, coffee shops and bookstores, where she thrives. Air is everywhere. Breathe. . .. that's nature, even if you're at Target or walking out of a bookstore. Or wondering where the next gin and tonic is at the restaurant patio. Isn't there grass nearby?

This is an official digression.

Real post on Monday . . . .

6 comments:

unmitigated me said...

Is somebody subjecting the Matron to the Great Outdoors?

Daisy said...

Is Scarlett making an outdoor movie?

sue b said...

I have done many foolish things, but moving to the country is not one of them. No coffeehouse? Not possible

MJ said...

I'm not quite as hard-line as you but I am definately a city-slicker who appreciates your sentiments!

Anonymous said...

You and my friend Nicole are a couple of peas in a pod. A synthetic, climate-controlled pod.

Anonymous said...

I get plenty of nature in the backyard -- including deer and a firepit. I'm happy that way.