Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Not That She's a Blazing Leftie

Well, of course, she is! But you love her anyway.

She thinks even her more middle of the road friends will appreciate the Walker Art Center's yard sign contest! Considering politics doesn't feel like politics as usual, and considering that the Republican National Convention is coming to St. Paul, the Walker asked ordinary folk to create political lawn signs to welcome them thar Republicans.

You can check out the winners, here.

Even better! The Matron lives in a neighborhood that looks down upon the convention! Why, she could even throw spitballs or toss roses (you see how diplomatic she's being!) depending upon her inclination. You decide.

Anyway, the Matron's neighborhood was chosen by the city as one of the spots to litter with these lawn signs, for free! She signed up for a lawn sign faster than you can say: "Why don't you and your brother stop this ineffective constant yelling and use your fists instead so you can beat each other bloody?"

Not that she actually would say that (again).

16 comments:

Suburban Correspondent said...

I like the "Vote While You Still Can" poster...

Mrs. T said...

I like the "'08 Give a Shit" sign myself. Very cool.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I can't pick a favorite--do we get to see a picture of the Matron's?

Anonymous said...

Which sign(s) are you going with?

Minnesota Matron said...

The Matron doesn't get to choose! They will assign one. She likes nearly all of them, but, perhaps being a populist kinda gal, actually likes the number one pick the best!

Julie said...

I like the "talk to strangers" sign -- it's cool looking. Have you gotten your sign yet?

Karen Jensen said...

I love them all! What a grand idea!

Angie said...

'08' Give a Shit. That is my all-time favorite!

Do you get to choose which one you have in your yard or do you get to make up your own? Oh, dear - that could be good:)

shrink on the couch said...

The world saying "help!" gets my vote -- but there are an awful lot of good ones. Cool idea, this contest.

Mrs. G. said...

Cool posters! Like Mrs. T. I like the give a shit sign.

Anonymous said...

I didn't look long enough, but since I live in the OTHER city, the one across the river that ISN't hosting the convention, but in a suburb that traditionally is quite CONSERVATIVE, I think I saw an "order this sign" button ... and I have a VISA card. I'm not afraid to use it.

Anonymous said...

Down here in the sticks, we don't get any of those new-fangled fancy lawn ornaments. ;) Glad you're getting one though!

Tricia said...

I like 08 Give a shit! However you're going to vote, at least do it! Maybe Nike should join the cause to get people to vote and put their Just Do It slogan to great use.

Anonymous said...

I'm totally loving those signs. I own a stretch between our public elementary school and some very right-leaning neighbors--alongside a busy county road. Whatever shall I do??? You guess! Thanks for the signage!

Magpie said...

I love these. All of these.

Swistle said...

Hm. Well, the one about the redneck brother-in-law is one of my own major motivations to vote (I don't have a redneck brother-in-law, but I get the CONCEPT), so I like that one a lot---but "talk to strangers" is cute, and I like the idea of having the entire Constitution. It's probably good they assign them: otherwise, it would take so long to choose, the election would be over.