Scarlett: "Boc was free, right?"
HWCNBN: "Considering that I'm monitoring fnances in light of my upcoming college costs, I'm glad that Boc was a rescue dog."
Merrick: "Can I have a cookie?"
the now one-year old blood hound cost about $300 at the outset. He has since required two vet visits in four months, totaling --well, a lot.
But the big bank allotment is stolen food and chewed items.
Gone: 1) 50 pounds of sliced turkey
2) Hot chocolate -- if you have to use the bathroom, he drinks everything on the table
3) Merrick's toys -- guns, balls, Leggos -- all gnawed into the belly.
4) Mail. He beats Satan's Familiar for eating envelopes. The postal workers have us on a special list. The federal authorities may soon be investigating.
5) Soup and salad. He's a delicate eater.
6) Not really.
7) Furniture. If there's wood involved -- it's gone.
8) Library books. We're really sorry and will pay all those fines.
9) Satan's Familiar. She never thought she'd see the day when she'd apologize to Scruffy for his discontent. But she's sorry someone tries to chew your head every day.
10) Wooden spoons. It's lovely and inventive that the dog is able to retrieve these from the dishwasher or sink. Speedy skills. But it would be nice to have a spoon or two on hand again.
Favorite dog, ever. Even at $50 a day.