Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Xanax

The Matron is taking two.

Doctor to Matron: "Just take on and see how that works."

Matron: "Okie dokie." Knowing full well she would take two and consider the bottle.

In about an hour, yours truly is doing her absolute least favorite thing in the world: boarding an airplane. This is a vehicle that will actually fly -- into the air, high -- and she will not be in control of the navigation. The combination is deadly.

She's heading to the east coast to help her mother after that heart/artery surgery and perhaps spend an afternoon in THE city beside Paris: New York.

If you hear someone screaming today, from far away, it will be her. That's the level of love of flying.

7 comments:

JFS in IL said...

Just shut your eyes and mutter your mantra under your breathe : "I got tenure. I got tenure. I got tenure."

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Peace, sister.

haphazardmusings said...

Two?!?! I took one once and woke up after 14 hours unable to feel my face. Safe travels! Oh, and a belated congrats on tenure. Way to go!!!

cndymkr / jean said...

I feel your pain/panic. I take two as well, maybe a third if the flight is longer than 4 hours. I hope your Mom is feeling better. Sorry the weather here is so crappy. i swear it was sunny and hot just two days ago.

Suburban Correspondent said...

You brave soul! I haven't flown since 1994 and am not sure what would happen if I had to get on an airplane. Xanax is an excellent idea.

Cheri @ Blog This Mom!® said...

I do a grounding meditation when I fly. True story.

Thinking of you, dear one, for the flying part and the mother part.

Xtreme English said...

As long as you can hear the motor, you'll be FINE. Flying is like riding in a boat, only faster, and depending on the airline, they come around and sell you drinks.

bon voyage!! and good health to your mom. i've had the heart/artery surgery, and i'm still kicking....