Here is what the Matron does not need to address on Mother’s Day:
1.Breakfast in bed
2. Cleaning and cooking
3. Saatan’s Familiar
4. FiFighting of any sort (boys, it is actually possible to walk past one another without poking or jostling)
5. The mandatory visits to all other mothers in the family, especially her own.
6. Driving children , anywhere
7. Anything made by Hallmark
8. Her wrinkles
9. The family chore calendar
10. Husband’s belief that any holiday is a good time to for a morning quickie
Instead, your mother would like just this: privacy and a book. Given the simplicity of this desire, it should be do-able for one day. However, in reality, the dog will still be here. There will be pancakes made by children served to her before she has had a chance to pee or brush her teeth. There are still other mothers in the family.
And the male desire for a morning quickie? Never goes out of style . . . .