Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys?

Political power? Seems to equate entrance into a very special Club. The Matron has no doubt that this Club has long historical roots, but here, she acknowledges one of the 20th Century's most prominent members.

This President is also a long-time member of the Club, in good standing


Recent initiates? Let's start with Dan Todd, the Attorney General of Ohio.


Everyone remembers the day Eliot passed his entrance exam and became a member. Here he is, family man.


And the moral icon who replaced him?


The Matron wonders if perhaps this is the only certain way to circumvent the Club's increasing popularity?


Who knows, though? Maybe Hillary will be pulling ambassadors into hall closets. A quickie in the Oval Office? Talk about breaking new ground and same old, all in the same fluid motion.

But the Matron is pretty sure the next President with the opportunity to join the Club will be this man.


Maybe he's in it already. The Matron hopes not. In fact, she doesn't think so. Because while Hillary did this

And Silda sucked in her gut for the sucker punch


And Michelle not only stood by her man, but had an affair herself-- helping deflect attention away from his wrong doings. Sorta like balancing the scales.


But the Matron? She doesn't think that this Michelle


looks like the kind of woman who would tolerate cheating. Not for one tiny second.

Yes we can! The candidate for change! The Matron very much hopes this extends to Club by-laws regarding sexual harassment, abuse of power, lying, and a general inability to keep little Hermie tucked safely in, home.

But if our next President should earn himself Club membership, the Matron hopes that the First Lady stands up for herself, instead of by her man.

What do you think?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suspect that Michelle would put her law degree to excellent use.

Suburban Correspondent said...

I don't think litigation would be her first response...

Mrs. G. said...

I couldn't agree with you mom. I would not f*ck with Michelle Obama-and I know I'm starry eyed, but I refuse to believe that Barak Obama belongs to or will be joining that club.

Jennifer S said...

My tail feathers are more ruffled these days by presidents who join the Unjustified War Club or the My Friends are Making Billions Off of the Price of Oil Club.

Though I have no doubt that Michelle Obama would deal with her man. (And I'll admit that I still have my fingers crossed for Hillary Clinton to take the nomination.)

Sorry to be a troublemaker in your comments today!

Minnesota Matron said...

Jennifer - you're right. That's why I'd rather have Bill with his womanizing ways than Bush. And, I would be happy with either Obama or Clinton. Love them both!

Irene said...

I hope the Americans don't let themselves get sucked into those silly sorts of games again. It doesn't matter who a man sleeps with, it's the politics he plays that matter and how well he runs the country. Let's keep his private business private. Americans are such moralists.

Bonnie said...

Tammy Wynette would. Michelle Obama won't.

(at least I like to think so)

I agree with Irene - it's a totally private matter - until the media gets hold of it. Then it becomes everyone's headache.
I hope Obama wont join the club - it's equivalent to giving your worst enemy a loaded gun to point at you.

Great Post!

Anonymous said...

As you so often do, Matron, you make me think. It's true, isn't it, that "Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

She She said...

I'm looking forward to President Obama, but I'm REALLY looking forward to First Lady Obama. She's a breath of fresh (and bracing) air.

Minnesota Matron said...

Interesting -- I think Optimist nailed it. A friend who lives in Brazil asked me what all the fuss was over Clinton. Throughout other parts of the world, that sort of sexual escapade is expected -- in some ways, even condoned and admired. But I think it matters because it's one huge distraction - someone's affair becomes entertainment for the nation. But I can't help thinking about Hillary in the Oval Office. Is it some weird sexism to assume she's incapable of romping? I just can't see it.

Kimberly said...

Totally agree. On all counts.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I second Mrs. G. Except I'm pretty sure she meant to say, "I coudn't agree with you 'more'," not 'mom.'

Just in case you were confused by Mrs. G thinking you were her mother!