Thursday, January 31, 2008

Good Art Keeps the Matron Fighting

You know how that pimply guy bagging your groceries might be writing the next great American novel? How he might actually be amazing, the real deal and all that - and waaaaay richer than you someday?

Well.

Once a week, Raw Creative Power walks into our house and gives two of our children voice and piano lessons, as if she is ordinary flesh.

And her skin is crystal clear. Some people get all the cards.

About four times a week, I click and listen to the song Falling. And cry -- because I remember and Liz captures. Falling is like the third song down on the list. Not like I'm directing.

Now for the moment the Matron nails her argument! Liz recorded this using the mic on her laptop!! Jewell has technology but Liz . . . she's that bagger, only better.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I think I'm falling in love with Liz Rognes...

How utterly beautiful--thank you for sharing her with the rest of us!

Anonymous said...

I admire the talented. Envy them, too.

I just gave you not one, but TWO bloggy awards to recognize your awesomeness.

Minnesota Matron said...

Well, well: the matron she is pleased. Thank you, Melissa! Awesomeness is a quality not commonly attributed to me by the people I actually see on a daily basis, so this feels good!